Care UK supports adults with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, including autism and Asperger's Syndrome.
At Care UK we know that one type of support does not fit all.
Our teams work closely with service users to create a person centred plan that will help them develop their strengths and find new skills.
Care UK has developed high quality individual services for people with an autistic condition who also have challenging behaviours and/or mental health needs.
Making relationships, sharing feelings and building an understanding may be difficult for people with an autistic spectrum disorder. We work with individuals to enable them to develop new skills to create a plan which is truly person centred.
Our skilled and experienced teams spend time understanding the individual, for example, what are their personal triggers to anxiety and what aspects of life they may find difficult. We liaise with the service user, their friends, family and circles of support to deepen our understanding of the individual.
What we do:
- We analyse and find a benchmark for behaviour
- We monitor and review the person-centred plan to allow for development and changed objectives
- We give individualised support that lets the service user build on their strengths and set their own objectives for growth
- We develop coping skills to deal with anxiety and reduce and manage risk
- We focus on developing receptive and communications skills
- We promise to listen
For further information about how we support people with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome please contact us.